Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hello, London!

This is the plane that brought us all the way to London.  It was a calm, peaceful flight that seemed to go by pretty fast. Praise God, I wasn't even scared. I guess I got all my panic out the other day...and the prayers worked! Thanks friends!

Goodbye, United States....
Hey, who are those two crazy kids? One thing I learned about myself on this plane trip is that I amthe high maintenance lady that won't stop fidgeting and the people in back of me are probably wondering what I will do next. :-) Except for a little cat nap, I didn't sit still.


I wasn't keen at first on sitting so near the engine that seemed as big as twenty SUVs put together, but by the time we were flag over Ireland, I considered it a friend. After all, it (and its mate) carried us 5,000 miles in one piece. The pilot was great, too, but he lost points when he referred to all us passengers as being watered and fed as if we were cattle or...dogs! ;-)


So now that we are in London we are experiencing a bit of culture shock. Driving on the wrong side of  the road and all that, you know. Against all the advice NOT to rent a car (or 'hire a car' as they say here), we did. Mike was the first of us to drive and I forgot exactly what it is he said about that particular experience so far and he is currently trying to catch up on some sleep...BUT I can say that he is not a fan and I think we both might have already developed ulcers just from the drive from Heathrow to our B & B in Dulwich which (haha wich, which) is on the outskirts of London. 

P.S. Pat and Tina Merg, we are forever in debt for lending us your GPS...what a life savor that turned it to be!!!

And our sweet innkeeper left out a tea tray for us including gluten free biscuits for me. Yay!

But this is all I can handle for now and until I recover from lack of sleep, this is where you'll find me....





1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad you made it without having an anxiety attack! Kiddos to your bravery on renting a car and driving it. I'd probably freak out like Cameron Diaz's character in The Holiday. :) Hope you got some rest.

    ReplyDelete