Saturday, July 6, 2013

Intolerable Itching :-(

I'll spare you any pictures of this, but I sure would appreciate your prayers for my skin.

I've got a bad, horribly itchy rash thing going on all over both legs from knee to ankle. It started little by little over the last few days as bumps but came out full force about 2 days ago in big patches. The areas affected are pretty large, covering about the size of four of my hands on each leg. They are red and the skin has changed to be thicker and warm. I can't believe how much it itches. It is worse at night.

This happened to me before a few years back after I went to one of those foot places in Fresno once where they massage your legs and put hot, wet towels on them. So I think this is from the pedicure I got last week at a new place in Hollister.  They did the hot towel thing, too and I had completely forgotten my troubles with that last time. I can't remember what the doctor did then, but I thought he prescribed antibiotics....

I think it might be folliculitis. It itches so bad, I feel like I am going to go crazy. I couldn't sleep at all last night because I can't stay comfortable. And to top it all off, I discovered that there was egg in the gluten free bread they served at the first B&B and I had a slice a day for three days. Now in addition to the leg problem, I have these horribly itchy blisters on my fingers. Not fun.

If you could please pray for the itching to stop, and for wisdom on whether or not to call my doctor on a Sunday if she could even help me from 5,000 miles away or whether to seek medical advice up in Scotland. Please pray it doesn't spread, I see about 3 new little bumps above my knee this morning. And I don't want to worry about this so much that I won't be able to enjoy myself. Moving around helps. If I am still itchy on the plane next week, that will be torture!

Thank you. 
When we get to Scotland this afternoon, I will catch up on the fun stuff we've done. Went to York yesterday!

1 comment:

  1. I think you can go to the drug store and the pharmacist can prescribe antibiotics for you. I hope you feel better so you can enjoy the rest of your trip! We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete