Monday, July 8, 2013

York & Ripon

On this day we decided to take the train to York. 



Waiting for the train...

Here is comes!

In the train we were packed like sardines! Standing room only, shoulder to shoulder with people not following the rules drinking Jell-O shots! Luckily, it was a short trip to York from Thirsk.
Our first glimpse of York. Boy, she is really tan for England.

Mike standing in front of York Minster. man, it was a surprisingly hot and humid day.  I Was in jeans  and tooo hot! Especially with my itchy legs. We got iced lemonades which helped. 

York Minister up close. It is huge! We have video of the bells ringing at noon. Don't know how to load that onto here, though.

This is a street called the Shambles. If you look closely, the tops of the buildings are leaning over the street.
We just liked this picture because Mike seems so tall compared to everyone. We have gotten some stares on this trip...

Clifford's Tower in York. Up we go! Hold onto the rail!

Who are those cuties?

The stairway to the top of the tower.

I spy Mike at the top of Clifford's Tower! 

Great views of the city of York behind us from up here. York Minster is back there!

There it is again, behind that steepled church. So impressive.

Walking the York city wall.

Later that day, we drove to Ripon to visit a Boots pharmacy in search of itchy leg relief. I happened to see the Chinese restaurant my grandparents ate with me at when they came to visit me in college. They had surprised me one day earlier than was planned by taking the bus to see me play at Ripon Cathedral. It made me miss my Papa George. 

Here is Ripon Cathedrali.


Mike on the last day at The Old Coach House in North Stainley near Ripon.

Robin, thankful she packed a dress which was much cooler on those darn legs! 

Next we headed up to Scotland....more on that soon!


1 comment:

  1. Are you able to buy hydrocortisone at the pharmacy over there? That might help with the itchiness or benadryl at night. It's an antihistimine so it'll help you sleep too. Talk to the pharmacist if you can't get a hold of your doctor. I don't know if you're doctor could do anything except recommend an over the counter. I will pray for it to be better for you. I'm glad you still have a smile on your face.

    ReplyDelete