Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Dublin

Ok, I had written a few paragraphs and then accidentally deleted them! I'll do better next time! Darn jet lag! :-) In the meantime, here are a few pics! 


We're in Dublin, first morning....waiting for the golf course to open!!! Open, open! 
I was going to sleep in, but then I realized Mike may need help with navigating. If only you could see us in the car. Roundabout approaching....1, 2, GO!!! 


Portmarnock Golf Course


Mike and his caddy for the morning, Sam. He played with a guy from Alabama and his caddy's name was Bert. Everyone was really nice.

More pics of the golf course! I walked along :-) 
I put this picture in (below) because it's the hill of danger! The caddies told me I could go to the tee box  with Mike and the other player or go along with them up ahead. I went with them up to the top of that hill in the middle there. Well, in my jet-lagged daze I didn't realize the guys would be hitting the ball right over our heads! So now I've dubbed it the hill of danger. Quite thrilling, but I don't think I'll be doing that again. Glad they didn't hit grounders!





My hobbit pants. I realized I didn't bring any full-length pants! Hope it doesn't get too cold!


After golf, we went back and took a little cat nap. Then we forced ourselves to wake up and go to the city centre of Dublin. Our innkeeper at the B&B taught us how to get there via city bus. It involved walking to the gas station to put money on a card and then finding the right number bus, and making a big guess as to when to get off the bus...but we made it! 

Once in the city centre (which was super crowded, with pedestrians, traffic, and construction), we got on the hop on/hop off tour bus. We were so tired we didn't take any pictures...and I let myself fall asleep now and then! Just wanted to familiarize ourselves with the city before we went back the next day to really explore. Finally, we hopped off and found a place to eat. It was really good!














No comments:

Post a Comment